AUS: Pernod Ricard unveils Montana wine campaign
New-look Montana Sauvignon Blanc
Pernod, which will celebrate Montana's 30th anniversary this year, is set to advertise the wine on Australian television and has redesigned the brand's bottle and labelling.
A new-look Montana Classic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is set to hit shelves in February, while other varieties will be launched in the new packaging format throughout the year.
The launches will be accompanied by in-store and on-pack promotions, Pernod said.
The AUD2m campaign reflects promising growth for New Zealand wines in Australia, which has been named as a key export growth market by trade body New Zealand Winegrowers.
Montana, one of Pernod's 15 strategic brands, saw global sales slip by 9% in volume and 13% in value in the group's most recent fiscal year, to the end of June 2009.
However, Pernod reported that "strong growth" in Australia went some way to offset significant destocking by distributors in the UK and US.
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), about 70% of the 2.5bn litres of fruit and vegetable juices sold in Mexico in 2009 were produced domestically. Mexico exported US$266.99m worth of...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends