GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard unveils major investment to boost Chivas Brothers production
A number of brands will benefit from the investment
As part of the plans, Chivas Brothers, Pernod Ricard's UK-based Scotch whisky and premium gin unit, will open a new bottling hall at its plant in Paisley this summer. The Glen Keith distillery will also be re-opened next April.
Meanwhile, the Glenallachie, Glentauchers, Tormore and Longmorn distilleries will also have their distillation capacity increased.
In a statement, the company said it was looking to "capitalise on the trend" of consumers "thirst for premium spirits in many emerging international markets".
The new Paisley bottling hall will “increase the emphasis on hand-bottling for prestige and ultra-prestige editions such as Chivas Regal 25, the Royal Salute range and high-end limited editions of The Glenlivet and Ballantine’s,” the firm said.
Christian Porta, Chivas Brothers' chairman & CEO said: “We are committed to a capital expenditure of £40 million annually to further increase our distillation capacity and production facilities.
“This investment, allied to strong market growth, a continued commitment to innovation and the best suited portfolio to target the most profitable opportunities, will provide the basis for future value growth for our company.”
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
The head of Indian alcohol production and retail company the Wave Group was shot dead in Delhi last weekend....
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK