GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard unveils flavoured Absolut redesign
Click through to view the new bottles
The packaging redesign covers all Absolut fruit flavours and has already started shipping to all Absolut markets, a spokesperson told just-drinks at the weekend. Because of shipping times and existing stocks, it is unclear where the new bottles will first launch, the spokesperson said.
The new designs stay clear of fruit imagery and use “symbolism and myths” attached to the fruits, the Swedish vodka company said.
Jonas Tåhlin, VP for global marketing at The Absolut Company, said: “While most flavoured vodkas look more or less the same, we are bringing a full range of innovative designs to market ... We believe they will reinforce our position as creative leader.”
In June, Absolut was ranked as the 11th most valuable alcohol brand by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, behind Diageo's Baileys Orignal Irish Cream and ahead of Bacardi's Grey Goose vodka.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Well, it appears that BrewDog's addiction to controversy is alive and (un)well. But, at least, the UK company's latest move has a more valid - albeit slightly bigger and more frightening - target in i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research