FRANCE: Pernod Ricard unveils executive changes following chairman's death
Pernod has announced its plans following the death of Patrick Ricard
In the meantime, the 40-year-old executive will be Pernod's deputy CEO and COO with immediate effect. The changes follow the sudden death of the group's chairman, Patrick Ricard, Alexandre Ricard's uncle, earlier this month.
Current Pernod CEO Pierre Pringuet will continue in the role until Ricard takes over at the end of January 2015. Pringuet has also been appointed vice-chairman of Pernod's board, the group said today.
Danièle Ricard, Patrick Ricard's sister, has been appointed Pernod chairman.
"These appointments reflect the board of directors’ intention to see Alexandre Ricard succeed Danièle Ricard and Pierre Pringuet in their duties as chairman and CEO at the end of January 2015, at which time Pierre Pringuet will have reached the statutory age limit for a CEO," the company said in a statement.
Alexandre Ricard, who joined the group in 2003, said: “I would like to thank Pierre Pringuet and the board of directors. I have worked closely with Pierre Pringuet for many years and we share the same vision for the group.”
Earlier today, Pernod announced a double-digit rise in full-year operating profits, hailing its best growth since 2007/8.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review