UK: Pernod Ricard unveils Beefeater gin visitor centre
(l-r) Eric Benoist, Chivas Brothers' marketing director; Desmond Payne, Beefeater’s master distiller; Alex Ricard, Pernod's deputy CEO & COO, and Laurent Lacassagne, Chivas' chairman & CEO at the centre's launch this week
Pernod Ricard has lifted the curtain on a "multi-million pound" visitor centre at its Beefeater gin distillery in London.
The 'Home of Gin' exhibiton space in Kennington, which officially opened yesterday (22 May), has been curated by Beefeater's master distiller, Desmond Payne, and includes artefacts from the distillery's archives and interactive elements. The company claims it is the English capital's first ever visitor centre attached to a gin distillery.
Laurent Lacassagne, Chivas Brothers' chairman & CEO said: "We are confident that this investment, combined with our consistent innovation and dynamic marketing, will continue to drive the growth of our business and ensure further historical sales highs of Beefeater and the entire London gin category.”
Last month, Pernod reported that Beefeater's nine-month sales rose by 1%, while volumes were up 2%.
To coincide with the opening, Pernod has also launched Beefeater London Garden gin, which is available exclusively at the visitor centre, priced GBP22.50 for a 70cl bottle.
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Heineken unveils global Desperados push
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets