UK: Pernod Ricard UK MD quits firm
Pernod Ricard is back on the hunt for a new MD for its UK unit
David de Mardt, who had been lined up back in July as the replacement for Jean-Manuel Spriet in the UK, has resigned from Pernod altogether, “due to family reasons”. A spokesperson for Pernod Ricard UK confirmed de Mardt's decision to just-drinks today (13 September).
The deputy MD at the unit, Simon Thomas, said that Laurent Lacassagne, chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard Europe will assume leadership of the division in the interim. A new MD will be announced “shortly”, he said.
De Mardt, who had been expected in the UK this month, had previously been MD of Pernod's South Africa unit.
UK microdistiller Sipsmith is seeking to develop and capitalise on the niche market for super-premium gin in China....
Pernod Ricard has launched a television advert for its Royal Salute Scotch whisky brand in China....
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO