UK: Pernod Ricard UK ends hunt for MD
The unit, which earlier this month saw incumbent MD David de Mardt resign from the company, said today (26 September) that Denis O’Flynn will assume the role from 17 October. O’Flynn is the current MD for Ireland at Pernod's Irish Distillers division.
He will report in to Laurent Lacassagne, chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard Europe, and will be a member of the company's regional executive committee for Europe.
At the same time, the finance and development director at Pernod UK, John Leburn, has been lined up for a move to Canada, where he will become CFO of Pernod's Corby Distilleries (Canada). Starting on 1 November, Leburn will report in to Corby's MD, Patrick O’Driscoll.
Back in the UK, finance director Julia Massies will assume full responsibility for the unit's finance function, reporting to O’Flynn.
This month's management briefing looks at one of the toughtest areas in our - or any other - industry: The rebrand. In this four part-briefing, Richard Woodard looks in depth at all aspects of the min...
In part two of this month's four-part just-drinks management briefing, Richard Woodard continues to cast his eye over the rebranding process. What are the effects of a rebrand, and how broadly are tho...
It's been quite a first week for just-drinks' new deputy editor, James Wilmore. By way of introduction to the global drinks industry, he's been out and about already, meeting the likes of Pernod Ricar...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future