UK: Pernod Ricard UK deputy MD to leave
The deputy managing director at Pernod Ricard UK, Simon Thomas, will leave the company at the end of June
Simon Thomas, who was promoted to the position in early-2008, will leave the company at the end of June for personal reasons. Thomas has been with Pernod Ricard UK since 2003.
While there will not be a direct replacement, the division will see Chris Ellis become the commercial director for wine. A spokesperson for Pernod Ricard UK told just-drinks earlier today: "Chris is assuming Simon's operational responsibilities."
Pernod's UK MD, Denis O'Flynn, added: “Simon leaves the group with my warmest wishes and thanks for his contribution to the business over the last nine years."
Ellis, who starts in his new role on 1 July, moves up from his current position as channel director of off-trade spirits. Reporting in to O’Flynn, he will also become a member of the division's executive committee.
In September, O’Flynn was appointed MD of Pernod Ricard UK, after previous incumbent David de Mardt left Pernod before assuming the post.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts