TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard to roll out Ballantine's digital push across Europe
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Ballantine's digital promotion
The interactive push, which launched at Amsterdam's Schipol Airport this month, will feature branded pods using photo-imaging technology to take a “digital reflection” (see picture gallery, right) of participants, Pernod said on Friday (23 November). The image can then be manipulated using Microsoft Kinect technology and uploaded to Ballantine’s website.
Participants can share the results through their Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts, Pernod said. The campaign, called 'Leave an Impression', is supported by advertising at check-in, post security and in the main concourse, while participants will receive a EUR2 (US$2.60) voucher off a bottle of Ballantine’s.
Pernod said the campaign will be rolled out to other European airports next year, with details to be confirmed.
Last month, a travel retail marketing firm told just-drinks that beverage firms need to get more creative with their digital campaigns as the sector is “such an obvious fit” for technology.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research