TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard to roll out Ballantine's digital push across Europe
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Ballantine's digital promotion
The interactive push, which launched at Amsterdam's Schipol Airport this month, will feature branded pods using photo-imaging technology to take a “digital reflection” (see picture gallery, right) of participants, Pernod said on Friday (23 November). The image can then be manipulated using Microsoft Kinect technology and uploaded to Ballantine’s website.
Participants can share the results through their Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts, Pernod said. The campaign, called 'Leave an Impression', is supported by advertising at check-in, post security and in the main concourse, while participants will receive a EUR2 (US$2.60) voucher off a bottle of Ballantine’s.
Pernod said the campaign will be rolled out to other European airports next year, with details to be confirmed.
Last month, a travel retail marketing firm told just-drinks that beverage firms need to get more creative with their digital campaigns as the sector is “such an obvious fit” for technology.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago