S AFRICA: Pernod Ricard to market Lanzarac wines
Pernod Ricard's South Africa subsidiary has won exclusive rights to market the wines from the Lanzarac winery.
At present, about 80% of the 30,000 cases of wine produced by the Stellenbosch-based winery is exported, but Lanzarac's owner, Cape Town businessman, Christo Wiese, who also owns Lourensford Wines and has extensive shares in KWV, would like to extend the domestic market.
Lanzarac and Pernod Ricard are still negotiating a possible 50-50 partnership in the Lanzarac Wines brand. This will not include the extensive Lanzarac estate and country hotel, also owned by the Cape Town magnate.
Chief executive of Lanzarac Wines, Roux van Zyl, said the two companies would investigate Pernod representing the winery in countries where it presently does not have agents.
Lanzerac did the first commercial bottling of Pinotage in South Africa in 1959. Wine farming started on the property back in 1692.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report