UK: Pernod Ricard to build Beefeater visitor centre
Click through to view an artist's impression of Beefeater's visitor centre
The company confirmed late yesterday (5 February) that “Beefeater London – The Home of Gin” will open later this year at the facility in the south of the city. A 600-square-metre, two-storey centre will be built as an extension of the distillery, Pernod added.
The tour that will run through the centre will include “the opportunity to watch the live gin production process in the distillery’s … still house”.
Financial details behind the construction were not disclosed.
Beefeater is the largest gin brand produced by the 'London Dry' method that is distilled in the UK capital.
Pernod took over Beefeater in 2005, when it partnered with Fortune Brands to buy Allied Domecq.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report