UK: Pernod Ricard to build Beefeater visitor centre
Click through to view an artist's impression of Beefeater's visitor centre
The company confirmed late yesterday (5 February) that “Beefeater London – The Home of Gin” will open later this year at the facility in the south of the city. A 600-square-metre, two-storey centre will be built as an extension of the distillery, Pernod added.
The tour that will run through the centre will include “the opportunity to watch the live gin production process in the distillery’s … still house”.
Financial details behind the construction were not disclosed.
Beefeater is the largest gin brand produced by the 'London Dry' method that is distilled in the UK capital.
Pernod took over Beefeater in 2005, when it partnered with Fortune Brands to buy Allied Domecq.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends