UK: Pernod Ricard to build Beefeater visitor centre
Click through to view an artist's impression of Beefeater's visitor centre
The company confirmed late yesterday (5 February) that “Beefeater London – The Home of Gin” will open later this year at the facility in the south of the city. A 600-square-metre, two-storey centre will be built as an extension of the distillery, Pernod added.
The tour that will run through the centre will include “the opportunity to watch the live gin production process in the distillery’s … still house”.
Financial details behind the construction were not disclosed.
Beefeater is the largest gin brand produced by the 'London Dry' method that is distilled in the UK capital.
Pernod took over Beefeater in 2005, when it partnered with Fortune Brands to buy Allied Domecq.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research