UK: Pernod Ricard to build Beefeater visitor centre
Click through to view an artist's impression of Beefeater's visitor centre
The company confirmed late yesterday (5 February) that “Beefeater London – The Home of Gin” will open later this year at the facility in the south of the city. A 600-square-metre, two-storey centre will be built as an extension of the distillery, Pernod added.
The tour that will run through the centre will include “the opportunity to watch the live gin production process in the distillery’s … still house”.
Financial details behind the construction were not disclosed.
Beefeater is the largest gin brand produced by the 'London Dry' method that is distilled in the UK capital.
Pernod took over Beefeater in 2005, when it partnered with Fortune Brands to buy Allied Domecq.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team