UK: Pernod Ricard to build Beefeater visitor centre
Click through to view an artist's impression of Beefeater's visitor centre
The company confirmed late yesterday (5 February) that “Beefeater London – The Home of Gin” will open later this year at the facility in the south of the city. A 600-square-metre, two-storey centre will be built as an extension of the distillery, Pernod added.
The tour that will run through the centre will include “the opportunity to watch the live gin production process in the distillery’s … still house”.
Financial details behind the construction were not disclosed.
Beefeater is the largest gin brand produced by the 'London Dry' method that is distilled in the UK capital.
Pernod took over Beefeater in 2005, when it partnered with Fortune Brands to buy Allied Domecq.
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future