US: Pernod Ricard teams with Ne-Yo to launch Malibu Red
The company said earlier today (31 October) that Ne-Yo has been "the creative force" behind Malibu Red, which the drinks giant says will encourage consumers to "rethink the rum category". At 35% abv, the Malibu variant will be priced at a slight premium to regular Malibu, although specific pricing details have not yet been released.
Pernod said that Malibu Red is set to launch in March and will be supported by a heavyweight marketing campaign, including television, print, digital, events and samplings. The product will be available in both on- and off-trade, Pernod said.
It added that Malibu Red "will continue to expand Malibu usage year-round and into new occasions".
Earlier this year, just-drinks sat down with David Gates, the global category director of whisk(e)y at Diageo, to talk about Johnnie Walker, Formula One, Scotch and the other whisk(e)y sub-categories....
As hard as it may be to conceive of another white spirit winning the hearts of Russian drinkers, it appears that Tequila is doing just that. If current growth rates are maintained, Russia is likely to...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Greek brewer hits out over Carlsberg merger move
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014