UK: Pernod Ricard targets parents in drink campaign
Parents the new target of Pernod's drink campaign
Pernod Ricard UK (PRUK) has launched the latest phase of its Accept Responsibility campaign focusing on underage drinking.
The latest campaign, announced yesterday (18 February), is part of the company’s ongoing commitment to promote responsible drinking in the UK, which includes tackling the issues of binge drinking and drink driving.
The new initiative is designed to encourage parents to “play an active role” in educating their children on alcohol, and will involve advertising in traditional, online and social media, including the Times, the Telegraph, the Mail on Sunday and News of the World as well as Facebook, Yahoo, Schools Net and ivillage.
The campaign highlights the excuses commonly used by parents to justify underage drinking among their children, such as “we drank when we were that young and we turned out okay” and “it’s only a small glass, my son is very sensible.”
Further details on the campaign can be found here.
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research