UK: Pernod Ricard targets parents in drink campaign
Parents the new target of Pernod's drink campaign
Pernod Ricard UK (PRUK) has launched the latest phase of its Accept Responsibility campaign focusing on underage drinking.
The latest campaign, announced yesterday (18 February), is part of the company’s ongoing commitment to promote responsible drinking in the UK, which includes tackling the issues of binge drinking and drink driving.
The new initiative is designed to encourage parents to “play an active role” in educating their children on alcohol, and will involve advertising in traditional, online and social media, including the Times, the Telegraph, the Mail on Sunday and News of the World as well as Facebook, Yahoo, Schools Net and ivillage.
The campaign highlights the excuses commonly used by parents to justify underage drinking among their children, such as “we drank when we were that young and we turned out okay” and “it’s only a small glass, my son is very sensible.”
Further details on the campaign can be found here.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages