GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard takes Our/Vodka to 11 new cities
Pernod launched Our/Berlin in March last year
Pernod Ricard is expanding its Our/Vodka concept as it attempts to tap into global demand for local craft spirits.
Micro distilleries will open in 11 new cities, including New York, Detroit, London and Melbourne, Pernod said earlier today (3 April). They will join Berlin, which has been producing Our/Berlin vodka since March last year.
Our/Vodka is a programme implemented by Pernod that gives entrepreneurial spirits makers the chance to produce a locally-sourced vodka. The vodka is sold through Pernod's distribution network, but handled by the distillers themselves, a strategy that Pernod said at its innovation day in January allows the model to retain the feel of a craft spirits start-up.
The expansion starts with the launch of Our/Detroit in June. Distilleries in Seattle, New York, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and London will follow later this year. Austin, Miami, Nashville, New Orleans and Melbourne will also be part of the programme, Pernod said without giving details.
The project is being run by Pernod's Absolut vodka unit.
Berlin's franchise is run by local entrepreneurs Jon Sanders and Pauline Hoch and the distillery operates as a bar, an event space and liquor store.
In the second part of just-drinks' exclusive interview with the outgoing CEO of Pernod Ricard, Pierre Pringuet, here he looks back at some of the deals that have shaped the company, and his role in th...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard announced a 1% rise in sales in the six months to the end of December. Here's a look at the performance of the company's 14 major spirits and Champagne brands in the half-...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report