GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard takes Our/Vodka to 11 new cities
Pernod launched Our/Berlin in March last year
Pernod Ricard is expanding its Our/Vodka concept as it attempts to tap into global demand for local craft spirits.
Micro distilleries will open in 11 new cities, including New York, Detroit, London and Melbourne, Pernod said earlier today (3 April). They will join Berlin, which has been producing Our/Berlin vodka since March last year.
Our/Vodka is a programme implemented by Pernod that gives entrepreneurial spirits makers the chance to produce a locally-sourced vodka. The vodka is sold through Pernod's distribution network, but handled by the distillers themselves, a strategy that Pernod said at its innovation day in January allows the model to retain the feel of a craft spirits start-up.
The expansion starts with the launch of Our/Detroit in June. Distilleries in Seattle, New York, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and London will follow later this year. Austin, Miami, Nashville, New Orleans and Melbourne will also be part of the programme, Pernod said without giving details.
The project is being run by Pernod's Absolut vodka unit.
Berlin's franchise is run by local entrepreneurs Jon Sanders and Pauline Hoch and the distillery operates as a bar, an event space and liquor store.
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
While Pernod Ricard is a top 10 player in wine it lacks a strong geographic presence in the key US and Chinese markets. Jacob’s Creek is the company’s only significant presence here. However, the acqu...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts