GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard takes Our/Vodka to 11 new cities
Pernod launched Our/Berlin in March last year
Pernod Ricard is expanding its Our/Vodka concept as it attempts to tap into global demand for local craft spirits.
Micro distilleries will open in 11 new cities, including New York, Detroit, London and Melbourne, Pernod said earlier today (3 April). They will join Berlin, which has been producing Our/Berlin vodka since March last year.
Our/Vodka is a programme implemented by Pernod that gives entrepreneurial spirits makers the chance to produce a locally-sourced vodka. The vodka is sold through Pernod's distribution network, but handled by the distillers themselves, a strategy that Pernod said at its innovation day in January allows the model to retain the feel of a craft spirits start-up.
The expansion starts with the launch of Our/Detroit in June. Distilleries in Seattle, New York, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and London will follow later this year. Austin, Miami, Nashville, New Orleans and Melbourne will also be part of the programme, Pernod said without giving details.
The project is being run by Pernod's Absolut vodka unit.
Berlin's franchise is run by local entrepreneurs Jon Sanders and Pauline Hoch and the distillery operates as a bar, an event space and liquor store.
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review