GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard takes Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve to more markets
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve
The limited-edition Scotch will be available in 15 markets, including Mexico, Poland, Germany and China, Pernod said. Last year, Christmas Reserve was sold in 12 markets, including some not featured in this year's roll out, such as Asian Travel Retail, Hungary and Romania.
It was first launched in 2010, when it was sold in Spain, France, Poland and Taiwan.
This year, the festive expression will be available until the end of December with an SRP 10% higher than Ballantine’s 12-year-old, a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks.
A Facebook app that gives consumers a chance to win a bottle of Christmas Reserve will support the launch. The app also features festive recipes made with the blended Scotch.
“The festive period is notoriously competitive for retailers, so we’re delighted to be offering Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve to more of our customers around the world this year,” said Peter Moore, international brand director for Ballantine’s at Pernod.
The 15 markets are: Switzerland, France, Mexico, Netherlands, Vietnam, Poland, Denmark, Bulgaria, China, Thailand, Germany, Slovenia, Taiwan, Croatia and Hong Kong.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets