GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard takes Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve to more markets
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve
The limited-edition Scotch will be available in 15 markets, including Mexico, Poland, Germany and China, Pernod said. Last year, Christmas Reserve was sold in 12 markets, including some not featured in this year's roll out, such as Asian Travel Retail, Hungary and Romania.
It was first launched in 2010, when it was sold in Spain, France, Poland and Taiwan.
This year, the festive expression will be available until the end of December with an SRP 10% higher than Ballantine’s 12-year-old, a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks.
A Facebook app that gives consumers a chance to win a bottle of Christmas Reserve will support the launch. The app also features festive recipes made with the blended Scotch.
“The festive period is notoriously competitive for retailers, so we’re delighted to be offering Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve to more of our customers around the world this year,” said Peter Moore, international brand director for Ballantine’s at Pernod.
The 15 markets are: Switzerland, France, Mexico, Netherlands, Vietnam, Poland, Denmark, Bulgaria, China, Thailand, Germany, Slovenia, Taiwan, Croatia and Hong Kong.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends