GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard takes Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve to more markets
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve
The limited-edition Scotch will be available in 15 markets, including Mexico, Poland, Germany and China, Pernod said. Last year, Christmas Reserve was sold in 12 markets, including some not featured in this year's roll out, such as Asian Travel Retail, Hungary and Romania.
It was first launched in 2010, when it was sold in Spain, France, Poland and Taiwan.
This year, the festive expression will be available until the end of December with an SRP 10% higher than Ballantine’s 12-year-old, a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks.
A Facebook app that gives consumers a chance to win a bottle of Christmas Reserve will support the launch. The app also features festive recipes made with the blended Scotch.
“The festive period is notoriously competitive for retailers, so we’re delighted to be offering Ballantine’s Christmas Reserve to more of our customers around the world this year,” said Peter Moore, international brand director for Ballantine’s at Pernod.
The 15 markets are: Switzerland, France, Mexico, Netherlands, Vietnam, Poland, Denmark, Bulgaria, China, Thailand, Germany, Slovenia, Taiwan, Croatia and Hong Kong.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends