GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard takes Absolut Hugs global
The company said today (20 April) that 'Absolut Hugs', which was premiered during the Grammy Awards show in the US in February, will run in all the brand's major markets starting this month.
The advert, which has both 30- and 60-second executions, depicts people using hugs instead of currency to make day-to-day transactions.
"The spot was very well received in the US, and we look forward to showing it to the rest of the world," said Matthias Aeppli, vice president of marketing at Pernod-owned Absolut Company. "We are launching this global campaign at a time when our competitors are making major cutbacks on advertising.
"This is our first global campaign under our new ownership, and 'Hugs' shows that Pernod Ricard is determined to keep the brand's long-term focus on creative marketing."
A dedicated website will launch shortly, which will include the adverts, behind the scenes material and other interactive features.
The ad and the behind the scenes film can be viewed here.
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers unit has launched this year's limited edition bottling of its flagship Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand....
Gruppo Campari will focus on cutting debt for the next 12 months following its acquisition of Wild Turkey Bourbon, but the Italian drinks firm remains on the lookout for fresh acquisition targets in k...
The Food Commission has said it would like to see a system introduced that linked advertising restrictions on drinks ads to film ratings....
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky and gin business of Pernod Ricard, has promoted Simon Burley to the position of brand director for Beefeater and Plymouth Gin in the UK....
New Zealand Winegrowers has for the first time set a limit on the amount of wine grapes to be harvested, as the trade body attempts to prevent oversupply from cheapening the country's wines on interna...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has launched a new campaign for its Campo Viejo wine brand in the UK, adding weight to company claims that the Spanish wine brand is not for sale....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages