US: Pernod Ricard, Southern Wine & Spirits extend distribution tie-up to Washington
The two companies confirmed today (30 January) that Southern will begin distribution from 1 March. The move coincides with the privatisation of Washington’s alcoholic drinks market, as Southern had previously been Pernod’s broker in the state.
Southern will take control of Pernod's distribution in the north-west state on 1 March.
“We are honoured Pernod Ricard has selected Southern as its exclusive distributor in Washington as the state transitions to an open market for spirits,” said Southern's president & CEO, Wayne Chaplin.
The two companies work together in 28 US states.
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'