FRANCE: Pernod Ricard silent on winery sale
Pernod Ricard sells winery - report
Pernod has sold the wine cellar and real estate of Marques de Arienzo to Bodegas Muriel, while Marques de Riscal will buy the firm's 260 hectares of vines, according to Spanish daily newspaper Cinco Dias.
A spokesperson for Pernod Ricard declined to comment when contacted by just-drinks today (28 June).
Arienzo is one of three wineries operated by Pernod Ricard in Spain. The French drinks firm has spent the last couple of years seeking to offload a range of non-core brands and assets, following its acquisition of Sweden's Vin & Sprit.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
Our penultimate part of the 2010 review of the year affords our spirits commentator, Richard Woodard, to look back at the last 12 months for his specialised subject....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts