CHINA: Pernod Ricard signs Ballantine's golf deal
At the same time as the deal, Pernod also announced yesterday (24 November) that it has appointed 2008 Ryder Cup golfer Graeme McDowell as a global ambassador for the Scotch whisky brand.
McDowell will wear the Ballantine's logo on his sleeve when competing. The link up will also involve PR activity during key tournaments, including the Ballantine's Championship in April 2010.
"This is a very exciting year for Ballantine's as we further establish our presence in the world of golf," said Peter Moore, global brand director for Ballantine's.
"The Omega Mission Hills World Cup is a key event for us, as we edge closer to consolidating our position as number one Scotch whisky in Asia and bring the brand values that resonate so well there to life."
The Omega Mission Hills World Cup, sanctioned by the International Federation of PGA Tours, will take place from 26-29 November at Mission Hills Golf Club in Shenzhen, China.
Pernod Ricard recently extended the current sponsorship deal for its Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand with the namesake golf tournament in South Korea.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
Pernod Ricard is set to sell off more non-core drinks brands, including Pernod pastis, according to reports....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research