IRELAND: Pernod Ricard signals high hopes for Jameson
Pernod Ricard is targeting a doubling of sales for its Jameson Irish whiskey brand
Pernod Ricard is aiming to double the sales of its Jameson Irish whiskey brand over the next six years.
Speaking at the group's annual Capital Markets Day presentation, CEO-designate Alex Ricard said Pernod believes that Jameson is well-placed to deliver strong growth in the years ahead. "By 2020, Jameson will be an iconic global brand, generating sales of EUR1bn (US$1.36bn),” said Ricard. “This equates to double the level of sales today."
Ricard also said that he expects the brand to break into the top ten spirit brands in value terms, an improvement on its current 17th placing in the Impact top 100 spirits brands table.
Figures presented by the head of Pernod's Irish Distillers division, Anna Malmhake, revealed that Irish whiskey has delivered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% between 2002 and 2012. This compares to a CAGR of 2.9% for the broader international spirits category in the same period. At the same time, Irish whiskey accounts for 6% of total whisk(e)y sales globally.
Jameson is approaching 5m case sales per year, which compares to 500,000 cases in 1988.
Pernod's day of presentations is being held at the Jameson distillery in Midleton near Cork, Ireland, today.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research