IRELAND: Pernod Ricard signals high hopes for Jameson
Pernod Ricard is targeting a doubling of sales for its Jameson Irish whiskey brand
Pernod Ricard is aiming to double the sales of its Jameson Irish whiskey brand over the next six years.
Speaking at the group's annual Capital Markets Day presentation, CEO-designate Alex Ricard said Pernod believes that Jameson is well-placed to deliver strong growth in the years ahead. "By 2020, Jameson will be an iconic global brand, generating sales of EUR1bn (US$1.36bn),” said Ricard. “This equates to double the level of sales today."
Ricard also said that he expects the brand to break into the top ten spirit brands in value terms, an improvement on its current 17th placing in the Impact top 100 spirits brands table.
Figures presented by the head of Pernod's Irish Distillers division, Anna Malmhake, revealed that Irish whiskey has delivered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% between 2002 and 2012. This compares to a CAGR of 2.9% for the broader international spirits category in the same period. At the same time, Irish whiskey accounts for 6% of total whisk(e)y sales globally.
Jameson is approaching 5m case sales per year, which compares to 500,000 cases in 1988.
Pernod's day of presentations is being held at the Jameson distillery in Midleton near Cork, Ireland, today.
Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
Non-Scotch whiskies in aggregate represent an enormous and growing category, with Irish whiskey in particular showing real momentum. With over 100 data tables and unique insight, this new joint IWSR/j...read more
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets