IRELAND: Pernod Ricard signals high hopes for Jameson
Pernod Ricard is targeting a doubling of sales for its Jameson Irish whiskey brand
Pernod Ricard is aiming to double the sales of its Jameson Irish whiskey brand over the next six years.
Speaking at the group's annual Capital Markets Day presentation, CEO-designate Alex Ricard said Pernod believes that Jameson is well-placed to deliver strong growth in the years ahead. "By 2020, Jameson will be an iconic global brand, generating sales of EUR1bn (US$1.36bn),” said Ricard. “This equates to double the level of sales today."
Ricard also said that he expects the brand to break into the top ten spirit brands in value terms, an improvement on its current 17th placing in the Impact top 100 spirits brands table.
Figures presented by the head of Pernod's Irish Distillers division, Anna Malmhake, revealed that Irish whiskey has delivered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% between 2002 and 2012. This compares to a CAGR of 2.9% for the broader international spirits category in the same period. At the same time, Irish whiskey accounts for 6% of total whisk(e)y sales globally.
Jameson is approaching 5m case sales per year, which compares to 500,000 cases in 1988.
Pernod's day of presentations is being held at the Jameson distillery in Midleton near Cork, Ireland, today.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends