US: Pernod Ricard shuffles marketing execs
Both men will take up their new positions on 1 January 2010, Pernod said this week.
Murphy, who was most recently vice president of marketing for vodkas and gin at Pernod Ricard USA, has spent the last seven years marketing Absolut vodka in the US. Prior to that, he worked for Diageo.
In the newly created role of VP for marketing and innovation, Murphy will be responsible "for developing new marketing capabilities and helping to shape a world-class marketing organisation", Pernod said.
Renner Tahlin, who joins Pernod's US division from the Absolut Company, will replace Murphy as VP of marketing for vodka and will take on responsibility for Absolut marketing in the US.
Both men will report to Matt Aeppli, who is senior vice president for spirits marketing at Pernod Ricard USA.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
Pernod Ricard is set to sell off more non-core drinks brands, including Pernod pastis, according to reports....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research