US: Pernod Ricard shuffles marketing execs
Both men will take up their new positions on 1 January 2010, Pernod said this week.
Murphy, who was most recently vice president of marketing for vodkas and gin at Pernod Ricard USA, has spent the last seven years marketing Absolut vodka in the US. Prior to that, he worked for Diageo.
In the newly created role of VP for marketing and innovation, Murphy will be responsible "for developing new marketing capabilities and helping to shape a world-class marketing organisation", Pernod said.
Renner Tahlin, who joins Pernod's US division from the Absolut Company, will replace Murphy as VP of marketing for vodka and will take on responsibility for Absolut marketing in the US.
Both men will report to Matt Aeppli, who is senior vice president for spirits marketing at Pernod Ricard USA.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
Pernod Ricard is set to sell off more non-core drinks brands, including Pernod pastis, according to reports....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research