FRANCE: Pernod Ricard shuffles executive pack
The company said late last week that eight executives would take part in the change-around.
Laurent Lacassagne, the chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard Pacific, will replace Thierry Billot as chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard Europe, while Jean-Christophe Coutures - president and representative director of Jinro Company and Jinro Ballantines Import Company - will take Lacassagne's place.
Franck Lapeyre - managing director of Pernod Ricard Singapore - becomes president of Jinro Ballantines Company in Korea, replacing Coutures, with Paul-Robert Bouhier - marketing director for Irish Distillers - moving to managing director of Pernod Ricard Singapore. Bouhier will also be responsible for the Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia markets.
Alain Barbet - chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard USA - is appointed chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard Americas, succeeding Michel Bord, and Paul Duffy - the current chairman & CEO of Irish Distillers Group - replacing Barbet. Alexandre Ricard - MD of Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free - succeeds Duffy at Irish Distillers.
Last week, Pernod confirmed that current chairman and CEO of Pernod Ricard Europe, Thierry Billot, will become deputy managing director in charge of brands. Pernod Ricard Americas chairman and CEO, Michel Bord, meanwhile, has been promoted to deputy managing director in charge of the distribution network.
All the changes will take effect from 1 July.
For our final interview of 2008, we're putting aside sales forecasts and market performances for a moment in favour of a personal reflection on one of the drinks world's most influential figures, Robe...
Not surprisingly perhaps it is the effects of the global economic downturn that have dominated the wine pages of just-drinks over the past year. Richard Woodard reviews a difficult year for the intern...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Christmas is naturally a time when alcohol retailers, pubs and restaurants do well but it is also a time of aggressive price promotion among retailers. Chris Losh bemoans the damage being done to the ...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Corby Distilleries, which owns the licence to Pernod Ricard brands in Canada, has appointed Spinnaker Capital Markets as its independent investor relations and capital markets adviser....
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit....
Tax rises, slowing sales growth and vicious discounting are threatening to cause widespread job losses across the UK wine sector early next year, industry sources have told just-drinks....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research