FRANCE: Pernod Ricard shares cut to “neutral”
Goldman Sachs said that a "deteriorating consumer outlook" in key markets such as the US, UK, Spain, Italy and France is increasing the risk of more "subdued" spirits sales in the short term.
It said, however, that the trend is likely to take a pause soon and that as a result of Pernod's recent V&S acquisition, it has added the stock to its "conviction sell" list.
Ahead of Pernod's full-year results, the Sachs said it expects "robust figures" and an increase in organic operating profit of 13% year-on-year.
Last week just-drinks reported that the European Commission has delayed its decision on Pernod acquisition of Vin & Sprit.
A spokesperson for the Commission said that the deadline for a ruling has been put back by ten working days to 17 July. A decision will be made "no later than" the new due date, a spokesperson said.
For our final interview of 2008, we're putting aside sales forecasts and market performances for a moment in favour of a personal reflection on one of the drinks world's most influential figures, Robe...
Not surprisingly perhaps it is the effects of the global economic downturn that have dominated the wine pages of just-drinks over the past year. Richard Woodard reviews a difficult year for the intern...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Christmas is naturally a time when alcohol retailers, pubs and restaurants do well but it is also a time of aggressive price promotion among retailers. Chris Losh bemoans the damage being done to the ...
BenRiach Distillery Company has lined up a GBP250,000 (US$363,000) investment in the recently-acquired GlenDronach Scotch whisky brand....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Corby Distilleries, which owns the licence to Pernod Ricard brands in Canada, has appointed Spinnaker Capital Markets as its independent investor relations and capital markets adviser....
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts