FRANCE: Pernod Ricard shares cut to “neutral”
Goldman Sachs said that a "deteriorating consumer outlook" in key markets such as the US, UK, Spain, Italy and France is increasing the risk of more "subdued" spirits sales in the short term.
It said, however, that the trend is likely to take a pause soon and that as a result of Pernod's recent V&S acquisition, it has added the stock to its "conviction sell" list.
Ahead of Pernod's full-year results, the Sachs said it expects "robust figures" and an increase in organic operating profit of 13% year-on-year.
Last week just-drinks reported that the European Commission has delayed its decision on Pernod acquisition of Vin & Sprit.
A spokesperson for the Commission said that the deadline for a ruling has been put back by ten working days to 17 July. A decision will be made "no later than" the new due date, a spokesperson said.
For our final interview of 2008, we're putting aside sales forecasts and market performances for a moment in favour of a personal reflection on one of the drinks world's most influential figures, Robe...
Not surprisingly perhaps it is the effects of the global economic downturn that have dominated the wine pages of just-drinks over the past year. Richard Woodard reviews a difficult year for the intern...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Christmas is naturally a time when alcohol retailers, pubs and restaurants do well but it is also a time of aggressive price promotion among retailers. Chris Losh bemoans the damage being done to the ...
BenRiach Distillery Company has lined up a GBP250,000 (US$363,000) investment in the recently-acquired GlenDronach Scotch whisky brand....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Corby Distilleries, which owns the licence to Pernod Ricard brands in Canada, has appointed Spinnaker Capital Markets as its independent investor relations and capital markets adviser....
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages