NZ: Pernod Ricard set to sell Framingham to Sogrape
The drinks giant said today (28 September) that it will divest the Framingham wine brand, winery and Marlborough vineyards to Portuguese family-owned wine company Sogrape. Financial details of the transaction, which remains subject to New Zealand Overseas Investment Office approval, were not disclosed.
Under the proposed arrangements with Sogrape, Pernod will retain the distribution rights for Framingham in Australia and New Zealand.
Pernod acquired Framingham in 2004, through its wine subsidiary Orlando Wyndham. A year later, when Pernod completed its purchase of Allied Domecq, the French company took control of Allied's Montana wine brand from New Zealand.
Sogrape owns a stable of brands including wine label Finca Flichman and Mateus rosé.
Geographic appellations have existed in the wine world for centuries. In the spirits sector, however, the appellation has been much more sparingly used. But geographical definition is at the core of S...
The deadline for the second round of bids for Vin & Sprit (V&S) has been set....
Pernod Ricard is updating and expanding its Jameson Irish Whiskey Reserve offering in the US with new packaging and the addition of two new products....
Champagne brand Mumm is rolling out its aluminium Travel Canister through the supermarket chains, Sainsbury's and Waitrose, and the specialist drinks retailer, Threshers, from 1 April....
Pernod Ricard has updated the consumer website for its Kahlúa coffee liqueur in the US....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has confirmed a change of senior brand manager for Champagne Perrier-Jouët in the UK....
Pernod Ricard is bringing the 'Forever London' advertising campaign for its Beefeater gin brand to the streets of the capital....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research