UK: Pernod Ricard serves up Jacob's Creek promos for Wimbledon
Pernod Ricard pushes Jacob's Creek tie-up with Wimbledon
Pernod is placing neck collars on around 2m bottles of Jacob's Creek, some of which offer consumers the chance to win Centre Court tickets at Wimbledon, which begins on 20 June. Also on offer is dinner with retired players Goran Ivanisevic and Tim Henman, Pernod said this week.
Last October, the French drinks group signed a five-year deal with the All England Lawn Tennis Club to make Jacob's Creek the official wine of Wimbledon. Previously, the contract had been held by Diageo's Blossom Hill.
As part of activity for this year's tournament, Pernod said that it will also be holding unspecified events in "selected supermarket carparks". It has also paid for outdoor advertising, as well as point-of-sale kits containing bunting and posters for the UK on-trade.
Amid a difficult period for the UK wine market in general, and Australian wine in particular, Pernod Ricard is keen to publicise its new Jacob's Creek Regional Reserve range.
China's Cognac market has plenty of room for growth and Pernod Ricard's Martell is set to continue to benefit more than its rivals, according to Sanford Bernstein analysts....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends