FRANCE: Pernod Ricard sells Serkova Vodka
Pernod said today (19 January) that it has sold Serkova, which is distributed in Greece, in order to satisfy conditions set down by EU officials in their approval of the French firm's takeover of Sweden's Vin & Sprit last year.
Amvyx is a major producer and distributor of wines and spirits in Greece. A fee for the deal was not disclosed.
Pernod added that, as of 2 January, it has taken back distribution of Absolut, Level vodka and Plymouth Gin brands from Amvxy in Greece.
Last week, Pernod announced that it had sold Lubuski Gin, also to satisfy EU competition officials.
Pernod Ricard has said that it expects like-for-like sales to be broadly flat for its fiscal full-year, but operating profits will hit guidance thanks to lower advertising spend....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has lined up two packaging updates for its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand for the holiday season in the US....
Consumers in Czech Republic are buying less expensive spirits and drinking more at home due to the recession, according to the country's second biggest distiller....
Pernod Ricard subsidiary, The Absolut Company, has launched a mobile device for its namesake vodka brand that can recommend cocktails to users....
Pernod Ricard has dismissed a lawsuit in the US claiming it stole the concept for a cocktail-making competition from a charity organisation....
Pernod Ricard will issue its full-year trading statement at the end of this week, with sales thought to have remained under pressure in the fourth quarter....
Ian Macleod Distillers has reported a 53% rise in pre-tax profits for its most recent fiscal year....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group