FRANCE: Pernod Ricard sees sales lift as emerging markets drive Q3
- Q3 sales rise by 5% to EUR1.62bn (US$2.41bn)
- Emerging markets stay “strong”, mature markets “stable”
- Nine-month sales up by 11% to EUR5.90bn
- Reiterates targeted growth of close to 7% for FY operating profits
Pernod Ricard released its Q3 trading update earlier today
The French wine and spirits group said in a trading update earlier today (5 May) that sales in the three months to the end of March came in 5% up on the same period a year earlier, at EUR1.62bn (US$2.41bn). While emerging markets delivered 15% sales growth in the quarter, Pernod described sales in mature markets as “stable”.
For the first nine months of Pernod's fiscal year, net sales totalled EUR5.90bn, an increase of 11%, with emerging markets coming in 16% up and mature markets posting a 2% rise on year-earlier sales.
Asia/Rest of the World continues to be Pernod's most dynamic region, with sales growth of 23% to EUR2.16bn. The region now accounts for 37% of group sales, compared to 33% in the first nine months of fiscal 2009/2010.
China and India were credited with posting “outstanding growth”, while other emerging markets such as Vietnam, Africa and Turkey are “expanding rapidly”.
“The third quarter confirmed the improved business trends since the start of the financial year and strengthens our confidence in our ability to meet our targets,” said Pernod's CEO, Pierre Pringuet. The company is looking to deliver organic growth in profits from recurring operations of “close to +7% for the full 2010/11 financial year”, Pringuet concluded.
Pernod will deliver its full-year results in early-September.
To read the official release, click here.
Beam Inc has made a strong case for its viability as a free-floating spirits company, but analysts continue to question how long the drinks industry's bigger fish allow the firm to continue....
Pernod Ricard has mixed white rum and Tequila to develop Malibu Red, which will launch in the US early next year in partnership with R&B music star Ne-Yo....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets