MEXICO: Pernod Ricard sees Olmeca int'l brand director step down
Pernod Ricard's Mexican unit handles the Olmeca Tequila brand
The company said earlier this week that Michael Kaller has stepped down after eight years with the group. No further details were given about where Kaller is moving to, or who is replacing him.
The recruitment process is underway, a spokesperson for Pernod told just-drinks today (26 July).
At the same time as confirming Kaller's departure, Pernod announced the appointment of Lisa McCann as the international marketing director for Pernod's Olmeca Tequila brand, which is run by Pernod Ricard Mexico.
McCann will move into the role from her current position as brand director for Tequila at Pernod Ricard USA, a position she had only assumed earlier this month. Prior to this, she was brand director for Malibu in the US.
McCann, who joined Pernod in 2000, will start in her new role in August, replacing Blanca Breton, who left earlier this year. Breton decided to take time off to consider starting her own business, the Pernod spokesperson said.
“I would like to ... thank Michael Kaller for his commitment and passion for the Olmeca brand over the last eight years," said Olivier Fages, international VP of Olmeca Tequila at Pedro Domecq.
"He has been instrumental in making Olmeca the No. 1 Tequila in emerging markets and the whole team and I wish him the best of luck in the future.”
Pernod Ricard Mexico changed its name from Casa Pedro Domecq in 2011.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Michael Kaller and Olivier Fages from 2010, click here.
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The rate of consolidation in the spirits category is markedly slower than that of many consumer industries. So, could the news this week that Suntory is set to buy Beam Inc trigger a wave of M&A? Past...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research