FRANCE/US: Pernod Ricard seals Tequila Avion JV
Pernod Ricard will become the exclusive global distributor for Tequila Avion
The wine and spirits giant confirmed this morning (20 July) that it has teamed up with New York-based Tequila Avión for the production and promotion of its namesake Tequila brand. Pernod will hold a minority stake in the JV, and will become the exclusive global distributor for the brand.
“This transaction illustrates Pernod Ricard’s will to seize new growth opportunities while maintaining its priority of deleveraging,” said Pernod's CEO, Pierre Pringuet.
The company noted that the structure of the transaction does not impact its indebtedness, “other than the non-material initial contribution to the joint venture”.
Click here to learn more about Tequila Avion.
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
Pernod Ricard will again sell its brands through French retailer E. Leclerc after the two groups settled a year-long dispute over prices....
Pernod Ricard's Blender's Pride Reserve Collection, Royal Stag Barrel Select...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015