US: Pernod Ricard seals Malibu volleyball deal
Malibu, a coconut-flavoured rum, will sponsor the beach volleyball tournament throughout its duration, from 27 March to 26 September.
The tour will take place across 16 venues in several US states and more than 150 professional beach volleyball players will take part.
As the official and exclusive spirits sponsor, Malibu will be integrated into the nationally televised AVP events that will air on NBC, FSN or Universal Sports, through visible signage, lifestyle shots from the sponsor village and suite and other on-screen exposure, Pernod Ricard said today (30 April).
Interactive games, competitions and promotions will also take place during the events in the tour's 'sponsor village'.
Financial details of the sponsorship deal were not disclosed.
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
The decision by Pernod Ricard to rejoin the Century Council in the US followed the departure of both Brown-Forman and Jim Beam from NASCAR motor racing sponsorship. As Pernod Ricard's decision to leav...
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Pernod Ricard has teamed up with designer Christian Lacroix to launch a limited edition Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Magnum....
Pernod Ricard has secured a tie-up between Royal Salute Scotch whisky and a polo tournament in India....
Pernod Ricard has extended the current sponsorship deal for its Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand with the namesake golf tournament in South Korea....
Having expected to fly into a resolutely downbeat mood at this year's Tax Free World Association expo in Cannes, just-drinks discovered that many drinks companies are nurturing a growing sense of opti...
Fortune Brands is increasing advertising spend behind its major spirits brands, after reporting a pick-up in sales in the third quarter of 2009....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends