FRANCE: Pernod Ricard sales rebound in Q3
Pernod toasts China as sales leap
Pernod Ricard has raised its profits guidance after strong demand for Cognac in Asia and a pick-up in the Americas helped the firm's sales to rebound in its fiscal third quarter.
Like-for-like sales for the three months to the end of March rose by 16% on the same period of last year, reaching EUR1.54bn (US$2bn), Pernod said today (29 April).
Strong demand for Martell Cognac in Asia, as well as sales rises for Jameson whiskey and Absolut vodka, helped the French drinks giant to recover from a disappointing third quarter of the previous year, when like-for-like sales sank by 12% to EUR1.34bn.
The rebounding performance also enabled Pernod to offset a sluggish start to its fiscal year, pushing nine-month net sales to broadly level with the same period of the previous year at EUR5.5bn.
"We are increasing our guidance for our profits from recurring operations for the full 2009/10 financial year," said Pernod CEO Pierre Pringuet. "We now target organic growth of around 3%, compared to a range of 1% to 3% previously."
"We confirm our intention to step up advertising and promotion expenditure on strategic brands and markets," he added.
For the full announcement, click here.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends