TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard runs Ballantine's golden ticket promo
The company said yesterday (3 November) that one golden ticket has been hidden inside one of 1,000 bottles of Ballantine's 30 Year Old. The purchaser who finds the ticket will win a bottle of the Ballantine's 35 Year Old Championship Blend, Limited Edition No.5.
Originally launched in Asia duty free to coincide with the Ballantine's Championship golf tournament last April, Ballantine's 35 Year Old Championship Blend was created jointly by master blender Sandy Hyslop and 2008 Ballantine's Championship winner Graeme McDowell. Only 15 bottles of the blend were made.
The promotion will run in Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris; terminals 2E and 3S, the Luxury lounge at Frankfurt airport and all terminals at London Heathrow. The promotion has been designed to target Asian consumers and golf fans.
A bottle of Ballantine's 30 Year Old retails at US$299 in travel retail.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research