TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard runs Ballantine's golden ticket promo
The company said yesterday (3 November) that one golden ticket has been hidden inside one of 1,000 bottles of Ballantine's 30 Year Old. The purchaser who finds the ticket will win a bottle of the Ballantine's 35 Year Old Championship Blend, Limited Edition No.5.
Originally launched in Asia duty free to coincide with the Ballantine's Championship golf tournament last April, Ballantine's 35 Year Old Championship Blend was created jointly by master blender Sandy Hyslop and 2008 Ballantine's Championship winner Graeme McDowell. Only 15 bottles of the blend were made.
The promotion will run in Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris; terminals 2E and 3S, the Luxury lounge at Frankfurt airport and all terminals at London Heathrow. The promotion has been designed to target Asian consumers and golf fans.
A bottle of Ballantine's 30 Year Old retails at US$299 in travel retail.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit