TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard runs Ballantine's golden ticket promo
The company said yesterday (3 November) that one golden ticket has been hidden inside one of 1,000 bottles of Ballantine's 30 Year Old. The purchaser who finds the ticket will win a bottle of the Ballantine's 35 Year Old Championship Blend, Limited Edition No.5.
Originally launched in Asia duty free to coincide with the Ballantine's Championship golf tournament last April, Ballantine's 35 Year Old Championship Blend was created jointly by master blender Sandy Hyslop and 2008 Ballantine's Championship winner Graeme McDowell. Only 15 bottles of the blend were made.
The promotion will run in Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris; terminals 2E and 3S, the Luxury lounge at Frankfurt airport and all terminals at London Heathrow. The promotion has been designed to target Asian consumers and golf fans.
A bottle of Ballantine's 30 Year Old retails at US$299 in travel retail.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research