TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard rolls out Royal Salute Tribute to Honour in Asia
Click through to view Royal Salute Tribute To Honour
The product, initially released in September, is limited to 21 bottles.
With a recommended retail price of US$200,000 per unit, maybe the initial roll-out was taken up as well as the company hoped?
Royal Salute Tribute To Honour launches in Taiwan Taoyuan Airport
Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free, has launched Royal Salute Tribute To Honour, the most opulent and rarest blend of high-aged whiskies, in Taiwan Taoyuan Airport. Sure to appeal to whisky lovers and collectors, Royal Salute Tribute To Honour marks a historical pinnacle in whisky making; only the finest aged whiskies – at least 45 years old – have been selected from the Royal Salute Vault at Strathisla to create just 21 bottles of the exclusive expression worldwide.
The whisky is presented in a spectacular bejewelled bottle, dressed by renowned jeweller GARRARD, in flawless diamonds and shimmering gold. Craftsmen at GARRARD spent days embellishing the hand-cast, perfected black porcelain flagons with 413 flawless white and black diamonds. These exquisite jewels form the shape of the Sword of State: one of the trilogy of treasures that are The Honours of Scotland. Set in gold and silver, 22 carats of gemstones adorn the decorative collar and stunning flagon’s visage.
In Taiwan Taoyuan Airport, Royal Salute Tribute To Honour is presented in a premium, bespoke display unit in the T1 Everrich Luxury Store, which is designed to highlight the brand’s identity and ultra-prestige of Royal Salute Tribute To Honour.
‘Asia is one of the most important markets for Royal Salute,’ says Kyung Min, Senior Brand Manager, Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free. ‘It is our great pleasure to partner with Everrich to launch Royal Salute Tribute To Honour in Taiwan Taoyuan Airport and reward the growing number of whisky lovers and collectors travelling through Asia Duty Free with this exceptional limited edition.’
Royal Salute is the world’s leading luxury Scotch whisky, first created as the Ultimate Tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on her coronation in 1953.
Original source: Company Release
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets