GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard rolls out new Olmeca Altos Tequila bottle
Click through to view the new Olmeca Altos bottle
The bottle has a longer and thinner neck for easier-pour cocktails and will roll out in countries including the UK, Canada, Turkey and European Travel Retail throughout the year, Pernod said on Friday (24 May). Olmeca Altos Plata will sell for GBP24.75 (US$37.20) per bottle and Olmeca Altos Reposado for GBP28.25, Pernod said.
The new packaging is part of a trial among bartenders to raise awareness of the “super-premium” brand, Pernod said. A marketing push by the brand's global ambassadors will support the launch.
The 100% blue agave Tequila was first launched in selected markets worldwide in 2009.
This month's just-drinks management briefing focuses on environmental sustainability in the global wine sector. In part one, Ben Cooper considers the production chain, from grape to glass....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends