Pernod Ricard rolls out Jameson Cooper's Croze to US
Cooper's Croze is part of a reorganised portfolio from Pernod Ricard's Irish unit
Pernod Ricard has launched the first in a new series of Jameson whiskeys to the US.
The move is part of a restructured Irish whiskey range, announced in June. The Whiskey Makers Series comprises three whiskeys inspired by "the people behind the craft" - head distiller, Brian Nation; head cooper, Ger Buckley and head blender, Billy Leighton.
The Cooper's Croze is designed to highlight the role played by the cooper. A croze is a tool used by coopers. The 43% abv whiskey features virgin American oak, seasoned Bourbon and Iberian sherry barrels.
"I've created Jameson The Cooper's Croze to show the versatility and profound influence barrels have on distinct whiskey flavours," said Buckley. "Barrel-making transcends generations, as I've used the same methods and tools passed down from my grandfather, that's the beauty of the craft."
The other two whiskeys in the series, which are yet to launch in the market, are called The Distiller's Safe and The Blender's Dog. Cooper's Croze carries an SRP of US$69.99.
Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The recent growth trajectory of non-Scotch whiskies shows no sign of waning in the 2015-20 period, with The IWSR predicting extra sales of some 74m cases over the period. Both US and Irish whiskey ben...read more
Last month, just-drinks spoke at length with Alex Ricard, the CEO of Pernod Ricard. In the first part of our exclusive interview, Ricard considered the group's recent performances in India and China. ...
Pernod Ricard Austria is expected to continue to focus on offering premium quality spirits over the forecast period in order to meet the consumer demand for premium products, and thus move up to the l...
Pernod Ricard’s strategy in Germany will continue to focus on premiumisation and innovation in order to generate added-value....
Pernod Ricard’s strategy is to remain one of the leading players in sales of wine and spirits in the country....
Pernod Ricard (S) Pte Ltd will continue to look at securing good partnerships with key players to further cement its leading position in Singapore....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research