US: Pernod Ricard rolls out Brancott Estate Flight Song to the US
Pernod launched the range last year
Pernod Ricard is to expand distribution of its lower-alcohol wine range Brancott Estate Flight Song to the US.
The 9% abv brand, which was launched in New Zealand and the UK last year, will roll out nationally in the US next month, Pernod Ricard said yesterday (3 February). The US range will include Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and Marlborough Pinot Grigio, which both retail for US$14.99 per bottle.
The US range is called Flight Song, compared to Flight in other markets, because of a trademark issue in the country, a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks today.
Brancott Estate Flight Song is made using grapes harvested earlier in the season when sugar levels are lower, according to Pernod. The wine is 20% lower in calories than “a typical wine of the same varietal”, the company claims.
“Consumers have told us that they are looking for a wine style that is lighter in calories but doesn’t compromise on the taste and flavor complexity of the wine.” says Matt Foley, Brancott Estate brand director for Pernod Ricard USA.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
While Pernod Ricard is a top 10 player in wine it lacks a strong geographic presence in the key US and Chinese markets. Jacob’s Creek is the company’s only significant presence here. However, the acqu...
The international spirits segment is undergoing a sea-change in Asia, from Cognac declines in China to Scotch weakness in South Korea. Those effects may be less severe in the Travel Retail channel but...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts