US: Pernod Ricard rolls out Brancott Estate Flight Song to the US
Pernod launched the range last year
Pernod Ricard is to expand distribution of its lower-alcohol wine range Brancott Estate Flight Song to the US.
The 9% abv brand, which was launched in New Zealand and the UK last year, will roll out nationally in the US next month, Pernod Ricard said yesterday (3 February). The US range will include Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and Marlborough Pinot Grigio, which both retail for US$14.99 per bottle.
The US range is called Flight Song, compared to Flight in other markets, because of a trademark issue in the country, a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks today.
Brancott Estate Flight Song is made using grapes harvested earlier in the season when sugar levels are lower, according to Pernod. The wine is 20% lower in calories than “a typical wine of the same varietal”, the company claims.
“Consumers have told us that they are looking for a wine style that is lighter in calories but doesn’t compromise on the taste and flavor complexity of the wine.” says Matt Foley, Brancott Estate brand director for Pernod Ricard USA.
The US Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why?
This report provides the results for the Spirits market in the US from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an ove...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
The international spirits segment is undergoing a sea-change in Asia, from Cognac declines in China to Scotch weakness in South Korea. Those effects may be less severe in the Travel Retail channel but...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research