EUROPE: Pernod Ricard reveals Europe, Chivas Brothers exec job swap
Pernod has shuffled its top pack
Christian Porta, currently Pernod’s chairman & CEO of Chivas Brothers, has been appointed chairman & CEO of Pernod’s Europe division, the Paris-based company said today (28 February). He replaces Laurent Lacassagne, currently in the Europe role, who will take Porta’s role at Chivas.
The changes are effective from 1 July, the company said.
Porta, 50, will be based in Paris and report to Alexandre Ricard, the group’s deputy CEO and COO.
Lacassagne, 51, will be based in London and report to Thierry Billot, Pernod’s brands MD.
Both men first joined the group in 1988 as internal auditors.
Earlier this month, Pernod reported a single-digit rise in profits and sales in its first half.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Christian Porta from 2010, click here
This month, Ian Buxton runs the rule over Diageo's recently-announced spirits start-up support programme....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015