EUROPE: Pernod Ricard reveals Europe, Chivas Brothers exec job swap
Pernod has shuffled its top pack
Christian Porta, currently Pernod’s chairman & CEO of Chivas Brothers, has been appointed chairman & CEO of Pernod’s Europe division, the Paris-based company said today (28 February). He replaces Laurent Lacassagne, currently in the Europe role, who will take Porta’s role at Chivas.
The changes are effective from 1 July, the company said.
Porta, 50, will be based in Paris and report to Alexandre Ricard, the group’s deputy CEO and COO.
Lacassagne, 51, will be based in London and report to Thierry Billot, Pernod’s brands MD.
Both men first joined the group in 1988 as internal auditors.
Earlier this month, Pernod reported a single-digit rise in profits and sales in its first half.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Christian Porta from 2010, click here
This month, Ian Buxton runs the rule over Diageo's recently-announced spirits start-up support programme....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report