EUROPE: Pernod Ricard reveals Europe, Chivas Brothers exec job swap
Pernod has shuffled its top pack
Christian Porta, currently Pernod’s chairman & CEO of Chivas Brothers, has been appointed chairman & CEO of Pernod’s Europe division, the Paris-based company said today (28 February). He replaces Laurent Lacassagne, currently in the Europe role, who will take Porta’s role at Chivas.
The changes are effective from 1 July, the company said.
Porta, 50, will be based in Paris and report to Alexandre Ricard, the group’s deputy CEO and COO.
Lacassagne, 51, will be based in London and report to Thierry Billot, Pernod’s brands MD.
Both men first joined the group in 1988 as internal auditors.
Earlier this month, Pernod reported a single-digit rise in profits and sales in its first half.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Christian Porta from 2010, click here
This month, Ian Buxton runs the rule over Diageo's recently-announced spirits start-up support programme....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets