EUROPE: Pernod Ricard reveals Europe, Chivas Brothers exec job swap
Pernod has shuffled its top pack
Christian Porta, currently Pernod’s chairman & CEO of Chivas Brothers, has been appointed chairman & CEO of Pernod’s Europe division, the Paris-based company said today (28 February). He replaces Laurent Lacassagne, currently in the Europe role, who will take Porta’s role at Chivas.
The changes are effective from 1 July, the company said.
Porta, 50, will be based in Paris and report to Alexandre Ricard, the group’s deputy CEO and COO.
Lacassagne, 51, will be based in London and report to Thierry Billot, Pernod’s brands MD.
Both men first joined the group in 1988 as internal auditors.
Earlier this month, Pernod reported a single-digit rise in profits and sales in its first half.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Christian Porta from 2010, click here
This month, Ian Buxton runs the rule over Diageo's recently-announced spirits start-up support programme....
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL