EUROPE: Pernod Ricard reveals Europe, Chivas Brothers exec job swap
Pernod has shuffled its top pack
Christian Porta, currently Pernod’s chairman & CEO of Chivas Brothers, has been appointed chairman & CEO of Pernod’s Europe division, the Paris-based company said today (28 February). He replaces Laurent Lacassagne, currently in the Europe role, who will take Porta’s role at Chivas.
The changes are effective from 1 July, the company said.
Porta, 50, will be based in Paris and report to Alexandre Ricard, the group’s deputy CEO and COO.
Lacassagne, 51, will be based in London and report to Thierry Billot, Pernod’s brands MD.
Both men first joined the group in 1988 as internal auditors.
Earlier this month, Pernod reported a single-digit rise in profits and sales in its first half.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Christian Porta from 2010, click here
This month, Ian Buxton runs the rule over Diageo's recently-announced spirits start-up support programme....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends