US: Pernod Ricard revamps US sales set-up
The French drinks giant, which updated its distribution deals in the US with Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Republic National Distributing Company, said yesterday (8 April) that the new organisation will include five division profit centres, effective from 1 July.
These will complement the distributor alignment of three geographic divisions, the general managers of which will be Martin Crane, Eric Dopkins and Howard Jeffrey.
The profit centres will also complement a newly-formed control states division, with John Trainer as general manager), and a national accounts division, which will have Robert MacNevin as its general manager.
The sales divisions will consist of 14 business units, plus functional specialists in marketing, analytics and trade channel management, Pernod's US unit said.
As a result of the reorganisation, Pernod's sales personnel in the US will no longer work out of the Coral Springs, Florida office.
Marty Durkin, current PRUSA south-east division vice president, will move to Southern Wine & Spirits as its vice president, sales and marketing - Pernod Ricard, effective from 1 July. Durkin will report to Kevin Fennessey, senior vice president of marketing for Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
"Our complementary alignment, experienced leadership team, and new ways of working will afford us the speed and power needed to succeed in this increasingly competitive marketplace," said Paul Duffy, chairman and CEO of Pernod Ricard USA.
The news this week that Suntory has launched a binding offer to acquire Orangina Schweppes is another sign of the growing international aspirations of Japan's drinks groups. Alongside the mooted merge...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has launched a new campaign for its Campo Viejo wine brand in the UK, adding weight to company claims that the Spanish wine brand is not for sale....
Pernod Ricard Travel Retail is to launch its limited edition vodka Absolut Rock in UK airports....
Pernod Ricard's GH Mumm Champagne is to be the official partner and sponsor of an event for the London Restaurant Festival next month....
Pernod Ricard has transferred production of Italian wine brand Canei to the grower's association in the the region....
Kahlúa Spiced Holiday Nog from Pernod Ricard USA...
Following today's (24 September) news that Suntory Holdings' approach to acquire Orangina Schweppes Group from Lion Capital and The Blackstone Group is a binding offer, we take a look at five facts ab...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review