US: Pernod Ricard releases limited edition Kahlúa
The coffee cream is made with 100% Arabica coffee beans, the company said yesterday (17 August), and will be available from 1 October.
Andy Nash, marketing director for Kahlúa at Pernod Ricard USA, said: "According to AC Nielsen, the October, November and December months are the most critical selling period for cream liqueurs when sales are, on average, four times that of the balance of the year. The holiday season will also see significantly up-weighted investment on Kahlúa to support retail sales growth."
Pernod Ricard is supporting the release with a range of initiatives, including consumer and trade print advertising, digital activation, merchandising display pieces and POS materials.
Kahlúa Coffee Cream Liqueur will be available through to 31 December and will retail for a suggested price of US$17.99 for 750ml.
The company last week launched off-premise value added packs (VAP) for its core wine and spirit brands for the next season.
Pernod Ricard is looking to boost sales of potato vodka brand Luksusowa in the US after signing a distribution deal with WJ Deutsch & Sons....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research