UK: Pernod Ricard releases 1999 Mumm vintage
The vintage will be available to selected specialist retailers and on-trade accounts in the country from the end of the month, with an RSP of GBP32.99 (US$54.49) per bottle.
Didier Mariotti, chef de cave at Champagne GH Mumm, said: "This is an intense and complex wine. It's certainly a GH Mumm vintage worthy of its predecessors."
The 1999 vintage consists of 36% Chardonnay from Avize, Cramant, Chouilly, Verzenay and Rilly la Montagne, and Pinot Noirs sourced from seven crus: Ambonnay, Aÿ, Avenay, Bouzy, Mailly, Verzenay and Verzy.
Pernod finished the first stage of an upgrade to the facilities at its Champagne Mumm winery in August. The new bottling line, in-house laboratory and state-of-the-art vat room are part of what the company called a "major investment programme" at Champagne Mumm, expected to be fully complete by 2012.
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Reluctance by wholesalers and distributors to order in fresh stock, for fear that consumers will not buy, is proving to be the weak spot in drinks companies' handling of the economic downturn in early...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a flavour extension to its Malibu rum brand in the US....
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the Worl...
Pernod Ricard is rolling out its recently-previewed television commercial for Absolut vodka across the world....
Pernod Ricard has launched an ultra-premium, limited edition brand extension for its Martell Cognac brand in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi has declined to comment on a report that it is interested in acquiring a stake in Indian spirits firm Radico Khaitan....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits