FRANCE: Pernod Ricard reaffirms plan to cut debt
Speaking at Pernod's AGM in Paris today (5 November), chairman Patrick Ricard said that the drinks giant's main objective was to "drive down debt".
Ricard said that Pernod had a "strong capability" to pay back loans via its strong cash flow and planned disposals of certain assets.
Asked if the company could be tempted into another acquisition over the next three to four years, Ricard said that it was unlikely. "We could not finance a deal ourselves," he said.
Regarding the acquisition of Vin & Sprit earlier this year, Ricard said that Pernod had "grasped a magic window of opportunity". Alluding to the current financial market problems, he said that "now, we could not buy it, so we were lucky".
The group told shareholders that it had no concerns about meeting loan repayments, following the V&S deal. It said two thirds of the loans it had taken out would not mature for five years. "We are very happy with our credit lines," said Ricard.
Pernod Ricard CEO Pierre Pringuet has joined the board of directors of Cap Gemini, the French management consultancy and technology services giant....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu drink is to be the official spirits sponsor of the 2009 Association of Volleyball Professionals Crocs Tour....
Investment bank UBS has downgraded Brown-Forman shares from neutral to sell, saying that it does not expect the drinks firm to strike a deal with Bacardi in the near future....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a flavour extension to its Malibu rum brand in the US....
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the Worl...
Pernod Ricard is rolling out its recently-previewed television commercial for Absolut vodka across the world....
Pernod Ricard has launched an ultra-premium, limited edition brand extension for its Martell Cognac brand in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom