UK: Pernod Ricard readies UK push for Malibu
Pernod Ricard UK said today (29 May) that the two-year plan will include TV, digital, press, radio, experiential and sampling, and will kick off with a GBP1.2m national TV advertising campaign to be launched on 9 June.
The 'Get Your Island On' campaign, Malibu's first new above-the-line campaign since its acquisition by Pernod, targets 18-24 year olds and encourages consumers to tap into their "infectious Caribbean mindset, and bring the light-hearted spirit and upbeat energy of the islands to their everyday lives".
The new TV ad is part of a global communications launch for the rum brand.
"Malibu is seen by its consumers as a truly iconic brand," said Jo Spencer, head of marketing at Pernod Ricard UK. "Our new advertising campaign gives Malibu the opportunity to showcase the infectious, engaging spirit which is at the heart of the brand and which is very relevant to our core target."
Pernod is set to take ownership of V&S this summer, after it acquired the company from the Swedish government earlier this year for US$8.88bn.
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Jameson has signed a deal to become the title sponsor of the Empire Awards 2009 in the film magazines 20th anniversary year....
The SPI Group has secured distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka brand in the UK and Greece....
Pernod Ricard has refused to be drawn on reports claiming that it is considering the sale of its coffee liqueur brand Tia Maria....
C&C Group has said it aims to be selling 1m cases of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand by 2012....
Pernod Ricard Thailand has signed a sponsorship deal for its 100 Pipers Scotch whisky brand in the country....
Pernod Ricard UK is launching a series of consumer film screening events to support Irish whiskey brand Jameson in the country....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research