UK: Pernod Ricard readies Chivas Brothers bottling sale
A spokesperson for the company's brand-owner subsidiary Chivas Brothers told just-drinks today (19 November) that it is in talks with the Benriach Distillery Company regarding its bottling site in Newbridge, on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
"Of the 103 employees currently based at the site," the spokesperson said, "24 will have the opportunity to remain at Newbridge, while 60 employees will be offered alternative jobs at Chivas Brothers at our other sites, predominantly at Paisley."
Employees at Newbridge were informed of the news yesterday.
"We have entered into discussions with employee representatives at Newbridge."
Should the sale proceed, the spokesperson said it expects the deal to close by July next year.
In September, Pernod confirmed the reduction of 36 roles at its UK division.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
Pernod Ricard's Absolut Berri Acai...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research