UK: Pernod Ricard readies Chivas Brothers bottling sale
A spokesperson for the company's brand-owner subsidiary Chivas Brothers told just-drinks today (19 November) that it is in talks with the Benriach Distillery Company regarding its bottling site in Newbridge, on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
"Of the 103 employees currently based at the site," the spokesperson said, "24 will have the opportunity to remain at Newbridge, while 60 employees will be offered alternative jobs at Chivas Brothers at our other sites, predominantly at Paisley."
Employees at Newbridge were informed of the news yesterday.
"We have entered into discussions with employee representatives at Newbridge."
Should the sale proceed, the spokesperson said it expects the deal to close by July next year.
In September, Pernod confirmed the reduction of 36 roles at its UK division.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
Pernod Ricard's Absolut Berri Acai...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future