TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard readies Ballantine's update
The new look for Ballantine's
The unit confirmed today (13 July) that the update, which includes the 17-, 21- and 30-year-old variants, will initially appear on shelf in Asia travel retail. Other key markets will take delivery of the new packaging although timings were not specified.
The new look for Ballantine’s 17 Year Old and 21 Year Old features an embossed George Ballantine seal and signature, with parchment-style labelling and Champagne foiled slip labels. The double thickness carton in which the bottle is presented features cleaner, clearer print as well as dual tone gold effects and textured embossing.
The 30 Year Old, meanwhile, has a taller and tapered bottle, with a copper plaque and heavier base. Embossed branding and a cork stopper have also been used.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
Our penultimate part of the 2010 review of the year affords our spirits commentator, Richard Woodard, to look back at the last 12 months for his specialised subject....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2010....
As the old year decomposes slowly in its flat, forgotten by family and neighbours alike, and the newly-born one has its buttocks metaphorically slapped by the midwife of hope, Chris Losh takes his ann...
Welcome back from what felt like a long Christmas and New Year break. As always at this time of year, the media is awash with predictions about the 12 months ahead. Who are we, then, to buck this time...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits