TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard readies Ballantine's update
The new look for Ballantine's
The unit confirmed today (13 July) that the update, which includes the 17-, 21- and 30-year-old variants, will initially appear on shelf in Asia travel retail. Other key markets will take delivery of the new packaging although timings were not specified.
The new look for Ballantine’s 17 Year Old and 21 Year Old features an embossed George Ballantine seal and signature, with parchment-style labelling and Champagne foiled slip labels. The double thickness carton in which the bottle is presented features cleaner, clearer print as well as dual tone gold effects and textured embossing.
The 30 Year Old, meanwhile, has a taller and tapered bottle, with a copper plaque and heavier base. Embossed branding and a cork stopper have also been used.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
Our penultimate part of the 2010 review of the year affords our spirits commentator, Richard Woodard, to look back at the last 12 months for his specialised subject....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2010....
As the old year decomposes slowly in its flat, forgotten by family and neighbours alike, and the newly-born one has its buttocks metaphorically slapped by the midwife of hope, Chris Losh takes his ann...
Welcome back from what felt like a long Christmas and New Year break. As always at this time of year, the media is awash with predictions about the 12 months ahead. Who are we, then, to buck this time...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends