UK: Pernod Ricard re-opens Glen Keith whisky distillery
The distillery will make blend for Chivas Brothers' brands
The expanded Glen Keith distillery, mothballed in 1999, will make oak-aged blends for the Chivas Regal and Royal Salute labels, Chivas said late last week. The site features new malt storage facilities, and can distil 50% more malt than before the upgrade, Chivas said.
“It is wonderful to see this distillery re-opened and producing spirit once again,” Chivas Brothers chairman & CEO Christian Porta said.
“The fact that we are re-opening a silent distillery, and are soon to build a brand-new distillery in the region, shows just how strong the demand for our luxury Scotch whiskies is.”
Chivas confirmed the new Carron distillery, due to open next year, and said planning permission was granted in April. The plans were first reported by just-drinks in October.
In May last year, Pernod Ricard committed to a GBP40m (US$62.2m) annual investment in Chivas Brothers that includes the Glen Keith distillery and a new bottling hall at its plant in Paisley, due to open this summer. The Glenallachie, Glentauchers, Tormore and Longmorn distilleries will also have their distillation capacities increased.
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Alcoholic Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
Wine in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
Wine in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profi...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future