UK: Pernod Ricard re-opens Glen Keith whisky distillery
The distillery will make blend for Chivas Brothers' brands
The expanded Glen Keith distillery, mothballed in 1999, will make oak-aged blends for the Chivas Regal and Royal Salute labels, Chivas said late last week. The site features new malt storage facilities, and can distil 50% more malt than before the upgrade, Chivas said.
“It is wonderful to see this distillery re-opened and producing spirit once again,” Chivas Brothers chairman & CEO Christian Porta said.
“The fact that we are re-opening a silent distillery, and are soon to build a brand-new distillery in the region, shows just how strong the demand for our luxury Scotch whiskies is.”
Chivas confirmed the new Carron distillery, due to open next year, and said planning permission was granted in April. The plans were first reported by just-drinks in October.
In May last year, Pernod Ricard committed to a GBP40m (US$62.2m) annual investment in Chivas Brothers that includes the Glen Keith distillery and a new bottling hall at its plant in Paisley, due to open this summer. The Glenallachie, Glentauchers, Tormore and Longmorn distilleries will also have their distillation capacities increased.
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Alcoholic Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
Wine in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
Wine in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profi...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research