UK: Pernod Ricard re-opens Glen Keith whisky distillery
The distillery will make blend for Chivas Brothers' brands
The expanded Glen Keith distillery, mothballed in 1999, will make oak-aged blends for the Chivas Regal and Royal Salute labels, Chivas said late last week. The site features new malt storage facilities, and can distil 50% more malt than before the upgrade, Chivas said.
“It is wonderful to see this distillery re-opened and producing spirit once again,” Chivas Brothers chairman & CEO Christian Porta said.
“The fact that we are re-opening a silent distillery, and are soon to build a brand-new distillery in the region, shows just how strong the demand for our luxury Scotch whiskies is.”
Chivas confirmed the new Carron distillery, due to open next year, and said planning permission was granted in April. The plans were first reported by just-drinks in October.
In May last year, Pernod Ricard committed to a GBP40m (US$62.2m) annual investment in Chivas Brothers that includes the Glen Keith distillery and a new bottling hall at its plant in Paisley, due to open this summer. The Glenallachie, Glentauchers, Tormore and Longmorn distilleries will also have their distillation capacities increased.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Pernod Ricard has readied a global television advert for its Martell Cognac brand....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts