US: Pernod Ricard prepares US release for Mumm prestige cuvee
The company, which launched the Cuvée R. Lalou 1998 vintage in the UK last September, said late last week that the portfolio addition will also be released in the US, at a suggested retail price of US$159.99.
The Cuvée R. Lalou is the offspring of the Cuvée René Lalou, originally launched in 1966 and last released in 1985.
"The 1998 R. Lalou is the culmination of generations of winemaking expertise and marks a return to the roots of G. H. Mumm, both literally and figuratively," said Didier Mariotti, the current chef de caves at G.H. Mumm. "Fusing the wisdom of preceding generations with recent advances in winemaking technology, we are confident that we have finally produced the cuvée about which René Lalou first dreamed."
The 1998 R. Lalou is a blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes.
Pernod Ricard's acquisition of Absolut has once again made the future of Stolichnaya a subject of intense speculation. Pernod had been in negotiations with Russian owner SPI Group about a possible acq...
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Fortune Brands is to stop distributing Absolut vodka in the US this autumn, after agreeing to an early termination of its contract with new owner Pernod Ricard....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky division of Pernod Ricard, has sold its Glendronach distillery to the BenRiach Distillery Company....
Pernod Ricard chief executive Pierre Pringuet has said that Sweden will remain the home of Absolut vodka....
Stolichnaya vodka is to begin a new advertising push in the US, according to Andrey Skurikhin, a minority shareholder in owner SPI Group....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the executive team for its recently-acquired Vin & Sprit Absolut Spirits....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014