UK: Pernod Ricard posts record sales for Jameson's
Jameson Irish whiskey has had a record breaking year, according to 2006/2007 annual results released yesterday (September 20).
Sales of the whiskey brand, owned by Pernod Ricard, rose to 2.3m cases in the year, the most ever sold in a 12-month period, and an increase of 11% on 2005/2006. The rise beat the company's 9% rise in overall sales for its 15 strategic brands.
"You could say we took about 200 years to get to our first million cases - from 1790 to 1996 - and just over a decade to beat the two million cases mark," said Dublin-based Kieran Tobin of Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard.
Strong demand in South Africa, Jameson's fourth most important market, as well as good results in the Irish market also helped to boost sales.
Tobin said Pernod's international network, and Jameson's premium pricing strategy, which ensured that value stayed ahead of volume, were both to be credited.
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
Diageo's acquisition of Bushmills Irish Whiskey from Pernod Ricard in 2005 heralded a major change for the brand. As Shivaun Lucey, global brand director, Bushmills, stresses in this month's Just the ...
Pernod Ricard has confirmed a change of senior brand manager for Champagne Perrier-Jouët in the UK....
Pernod Ricard is bringing the 'Forever London' advertising campaign for its Beefeater gin brand to the streets of the capital....
Pernod Ricard has announced plans to cease distribution of Campari International's brands in southern Central Europe....
Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free has launched a promotion in airports within the Asia Pacific region for the group's Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard has had its rating upgraded by ING, owing to good results....
Pernod Ricard has promoted Jim Evans to the role of senior vice president of sales in the US....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014