FRANCE: Pernod Ricard plans support staff restructure in France
The French will lay out further plans in August for a restructuring of its business
Pernod Ricard has proposed a reorganisation of part of its French distribution units that could see up to 60 jobs cut.
The company is currently consulting with “employee representatives” over the plans, which affect the two separate units - Pernod and Ricard. The firm is proposing to merge the two units' back-office services, covering IT, finance, human resources and purchasing.
The proposed measures are part of a wider global cost-cutting initiative by the Paris-headquartered firm - called Allegro - announced in February. The move is aiming to save EUR150m annually over three years.
On the plans for France, a Pernod Ricard spokesperson told just-drinks today (19 June): “We have just started the consultation phase.” The representative stressed it was not a merger of the two distribution units, but a “pooling” of their support functions.
A total of 156 employees currently work across the two units. Under the changes, 30 support staff will stay at offices in Créteil, while 66 jobs will be on offer at the new unit in Marseille, leaving 60 roles redundant. Staff without a position under the restructure could potentially be found roles among the company's other subsidiaries, the spokesperson said.
Pernod Ricard's marketing, sales and production teams in France will not be affected by the changes, it is understood.
More details of cost-saving plans and restructuring by Pernod's other global divisions will be revealed during its full-year results announcement on 28 August.
Pernod's rival Diageo is also undergoing a restructure as part of global cost-saving measures. Last week, the UK-headquartered company confirmed it has cut around 200 head office and regional roles.
Earlier today, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. In this excerpt from the full report, which can be down...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
While Pernod Ricard is a top 10 player in wine it lacks a strong geographic presence in the key US and Chinese markets. Jacob’s Creek is the company’s only significant presence here. However, the acqu...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research