FRANCE: Pernod Ricard plans support staff restructure in France
The French will lay out further plans in August for a restructuring of its business
Pernod Ricard has proposed a reorganisation of part of its French distribution units that could see up to 60 jobs cut.
The company is currently consulting with “employee representatives” over the plans, which affect the two separate units - Pernod and Ricard. The firm is proposing to merge the two units' back-office services, covering IT, finance, human resources and purchasing.
The proposed measures are part of a wider global cost-cutting initiative by the Paris-headquartered firm - called Allegro - announced in February. The move is aiming to save EUR150m annually over three years.
On the plans for France, a Pernod Ricard spokesperson told just-drinks today (19 June): “We have just started the consultation phase.” The representative stressed it was not a merger of the two distribution units, but a “pooling” of their support functions.
A total of 156 employees currently work across the two units. Under the changes, 30 support staff will stay at offices in Créteil, while 66 jobs will be on offer at the new unit in Marseille, leaving 60 roles redundant. Staff without a position under the restructure could potentially be found roles among the company's other subsidiaries, the spokesperson said.
Pernod Ricard's marketing, sales and production teams in France will not be affected by the changes, it is understood.
More details of cost-saving plans and restructuring by Pernod's other global divisions will be revealed during its full-year results announcement on 28 August.
Pernod's rival Diageo is also undergoing a restructure as part of global cost-saving measures. Last week, the UK-headquartered company confirmed it has cut around 200 head office and regional roles.
Another day, another drinks executive stepping down "to explore new opportunities". Usually, this is code for "is leaving to join one of our competitors in a slightly better-paid position". But, with ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
Heineken's "solid progress" during the first quarter - to quote the words of CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer - could be checked temporarily over the next three months....
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report