FRANCE: Pernod Ricard plans bond issue
Pernod seeks fresh finance
Pernod Ricard has said it plans to raise extra finance by launching a Euro-denominated bond.
The France-based company, said today (10 March) that it has recruited Barclays Capital, HSBC, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International and Natixis to orchestrate the bond issue.
Pernod did not say how much it is looking to raise nor what the finance would be used for. Timing of the issue will be "subject to market conditions", it said.
The wine & spirits group has been working to reduce debt since its acquisition of Absolut owner Vin & Sprit for EUR5.6bn ($7.6bn) in 2008.
Pernod's net debt fell by EUR565m to EUR10.3bn in the six months to the end of December 2009, due to the disposal of the Tia Maria brand and strong cash generation.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report