Pernod Ricard makes regional, management changes in Asia, Americas
Pernod Ricard has restructured its businesses in Asia and the Americas
Pernod Ricard has made a raft of managerial changes in Asia and the Americas, following structural modifications in the regions.
In Asia, the company said it will place greater focus on middle-class consumers, to accelerate top-line growth. It will also continue to target "the most affluent customers" in the region.
Optimisation measures in the region include the elimination of geographical clusters, in order to speed up decision-making, as well as the creation of a regional "Centre of Excellence" to share best practice, the company said.
Within Asia, the Greater China cluster will be replaced by three standalone units: China, Taiwan and Hong Kong/Macau. The units will report in to Pernod Ricard Asia.
Personnel changes in the region are as follows:
- Horace Ngai, current MD Greater China, becomes executive VP strategy & business development of Pernod Ricard Asia, based in Hong Kong
- Jean-Etienne Gourgues remains MD of Pernod Ricard China
- Frantz Hotton remains MD of Pernod Ricard Hong Kong & Macau
- Terence Ong, current MD of Pernod Ricard Malaysia, will be appointed MD of Pernod Ricard Taiwan, effective 1 September
- Sébastien Mouquet, currently national sales director at Ricard, will replace Ong in the Malaysia role
- Ngai and Gourgues will remain members of the Asia Executive Committee (AEC), which Hotton and Ong will join. All will report to Philippe Guettat, chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard Asia
- In Korea, Jean Touboul, current MD of Pernod Ricard Taiwan, will be appointed MD of Pernod Ricard Korea, effective 1 September
- Jean-Manuel Spriet, current MD of Pernod Ricard Korea, has decided to leave the group
- In South Asia, Gaurav Sabharwal, current MD of Pernod Ricard Singapore, will be appointed MD of Pernod Ricard Gulf
- David Freeborn, current MD of Pernod Ricard Gulf and Lanka, has decided to leave on 30 September
- In South East Asia, Patrick Castanier, current MD of Pernod Ricard Thailand, will be appointed MD of Pernod Ricard Vietnam, effective 1 July
- Hoang Anh Nguyen, current MD of Pernod Ricard Vietnam, has decided to leave the group, effective 15 July
- Pernod Ricard Vietnam will now report directly to Pernod Ricard Asia
- Quentin Job, current VP innovation & commercial development, will become MD of Pernod Ricard Thailand, effective 1 July
Following its restructure in the Americas, announced in February, Pernod said 29 of the 35 affected employees have found new jobs either within or outside the company.
Meanwhile, Geoffroy Germano, VP marketing, and Audrey Yayon-Dauvet, VP legal and corporate affairs, will leave the group on 1 July. Thierry Pourchet, VP finance & operations, will continue to manage "ongoing operations projects for North America" until the end of December.
Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
Much of the lustre has come off the global Scotch whisky market in the last two years, with growth slowing after a golden period between 2002 and 2012. Blended Scotch is poised to bounce back over the...read more
Pernod Ricard SA - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerin...
Canadean's "Pernod Ricard SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Pernod Ricard SA (Pernod Ricard), is an alcoholic beverage company that produces and sells spirits, beer, and wine products....
Pernod Ricard Austria is expected to continue to focus on offering premium quality spirits over the forecast period in order to meet the consumer demand for premium products, and thus move up to the l...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends